Sunday, July 26, 2009

Joe Calzaghe Believes He Can Beat Wladimir Klitschko

Is Joe Calzaghe punch drunk, just missing the spotlight, or does he think he can seriously compete with a behemoth heavyweight like Wladimir Klitschko? It's hard to tell with Joe Calzaghe. Joe recently told Walesonline, "I see the guys fighting now and I know I could beat them all. That's always the case. I'm Joe Calzaghe, I could beat anyone. I could step up and beat Wladimir Klitschko if I wanted."

Joe Calzaghe is probably just craving the spotlight, but I'll entertain the thought just for a moment; Joe Calzaghe Vs. Wladimir Klitschko? Calzaghe would be outweighed by 50 some odd pounds, and facing not just any heavyweight - he would be facing the most talented heavyweight on the planet. Joe wouldn't be able to get by Wladimir's jab. He'd get knocked out. Now, if Joe Calzaghe wasn't just stirring the pot, and really wanted the challenge of facing Wladimir Klitschko; that would be a mega fight for sure. Not gonna happen though.

As far as Joe Calzaghe competing against, and beating the 6 fighters in the super six (super middle weight tournament); that is definitely more realistic. He's been out of the ring for awhile, but he would have an excellent chance of coming out on top. Like him facing Wladimir though, it aint gonna happen.

I bet Mikkel Kessler is hoping Joe enters the fray.

No comments: